The Office of Children and Families (OCF) Adoptions Unit provides a range of programs for people interested in adopting:
- Intercountry adoption program, provided by the Adoptions Unit, of the Office of Children and Families
- Local adopt program
- Step Adoptions
OCF Adoption Unit incorporates a Family Information Service. The service provides information and counselling to adopted people, birth parents, adoptive parents, and former State Wards.
Application and Contact registration forms are available on site. Applications will only be accepted by mail with certified ID.
- Adoption - Application for Indentifying Information (DOCX)
- Adoption - Contact Registration Form (DOCX)
For more information:
Contact Foster Care and Adoptions on 8922 7077.
- Adoption of Children Act
- Births Deaths & Marriages
- Centrelink - Baby Bonus and Maternity Immunisation Allowance for Adoptive Parents
There are important changes to some families payments that came into effect from 1 January 2009. If you are the parent of an adopted child, there are changes to Baby Bonus and Maternity Immunisation Allowance that you need to be aware of. For information about these changes and how they may affect you, visit www.centrelink.gov.au and search for "adoption".